Wednesday, November 25, 2009


Wow a lot has happened since I last posted!  We had my parents-in-law come to visit.  They were here one moment and gone the next.  Passing through, actually - but we managed to convince them to spend two nights by giving them our exquisite dreamland bed which has a mattress beyond compare!
They talked and I tried to.  I had caught strep throat from Francine.  This is the second time I have caught strep throat from Francine.  You know how it is with kids - they pick up all these bugs at nursery school/school or creches and bring them home to their parents.  Only in this case the bug favored me - the nanna.
So there I was, clutching my antibiotic, painkillers, analgesics and throat anesthetic spray promising myself I would go home and climb into bed (which I did).
I floated in and out of sleep hearing the voices of my mother-in-law and then my father-in-law.  I felt like death warmed up!

 
Hubby came in and said:
"We will need to give them our bed!"
I said:
"No, no, I am sick, I want my bed!" like a three-year old, clutching at my duvet for dear life.
Hubby said:
"There is no option.  We can't expect my parents to sleep on the fold-up couch.  It's awful!"
He had a point.  In fact, he was right.  There was no other solution.  I left the comfort of my lovely bed and went to join our guests...feeling like my throat was on fire.
They were very understanding and kind I must say.  My mother-in-law had a list of herbal remedies I could try.  She ran some ointment onto my head and down the side of my neck (which was also hurting).  But - I still needed to give them my bed!

"Whaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!"
And now my parents-in-law and my strep throat have all gone.  The house was all quiet and I crept back into my luxurious bed with a brand new appreciation.  I LOVE my bed.  Don't you?  
That was yesterday and today, I must start to pack!  We are moving AGAIN!  All this is waiting for me!!

It's enough to give a person a relapse!  More about our MOVE later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment