Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Great preparations!

Great preparations went on in our home this morning - I guess the dust was flying and things which had been out of place for eons suddenly found a home.  That's because my son is coming to visit for a few days!  Hooray!  I think all the excitement I feel when we have a visitor turns into panic - the place can NEVER be perfect enough...and it's this way no matter who comes to stay.


My Mom was the same - you'd think the Queen was coming to stay she'd scrub and spring-clean for weeks.  Well I am not EXACTLY of the same moral fibre.  I gave up halfway through the morning in the study and tossed everything that was out of place into a box and made a promise to the box that I would sort it once my visitors have left.
How on earth human beings produce so much clutter between them, will forever remain a mystery.  Things deemed too precious to toss away - and most likely you wouldn't miss them if you did!  Oh no, but hold on a moment here - I stand to be severely reprimanded.  It's PRECISELY when you throw things away that you will need them the very next day after the garbage truck has been and gone.  Oh yes, I had forgotten - that is the way it is.  Hold onto it with all you are worth and carry it from home to home and guess what?  You'll NEVER need it (until the day you throw it away of course).  Murphy's Law.
Seriously, I wonder how many of us have longed for a home that looks as if it stepped right out of the latest Home magazine?
 

Guess this is what we all strive for...and many only achieve if they can afford holiday homes in far-away places - because then they are seldom used.  But - it's so nice to dream!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment